please read this information before completing your entry form
- The standard LCM entry form is NOT valid for Electric, Rock, Bass, Acoustic Guitar or Ukulele entries. Entry to the examination is only possible via the official form contained in the back of each RGT@LCM grade handbook. Photocopies of the form will not be accepted. Candidates with the appropriate handbooks can also use the entry code supplied to enter online via the RGT@LCM website. Performance Awards and Diplomas can also be entered online.
- You will normally be given at least ten days advance notice of examination date, time and venue. The venue will be the examination centre operating nearest to your home address.
- Examinations may be held on any day of the week - including, but not exclusively, Saturdays and Sundays. Examinations may be held at any time during each two-month examination period; this may be within or outside of the school term.
- The exact date examinations are held in an area is entirely dependent upon the availability of candidates, the examination venue and the examiner. In fairness to all the other candidates in your area, we ask you only to list non-availability dates when it would be absolutely impossible for you to attend an examination (such as pre-booked overseas travel) as these specialist examinations are held only once, in each area, per session and we need to arrange an examination date that suits all candidates in a particular area. So cancelling out two or more weeks, all weekends, or only giving a few dates that you can make is not fair to other candidates. An entry form that blocks out unreasonable periods is unlikely to be accepted and may be returned.
- RGT@LCM grade and diploma examinations are internationally recognised qualifications, that are Ofqual regulated and have been placed on the Qualifications and Credit Framework with direct equivalence to GCSEs and A' levels, with the higher grades being awarded UCAS points valid towards university entrance. Therefore, as with any other formal qualification, it might be necessary to take a small amount of time off work or school, or to rearrange a weekend appointment, in order to attend this important examination.
- Once an examination is set up RGT@LCM will have issued a contract to pay both the examiner and the venue for the duration of each candidate's examination. Candidates who request RGT@LCM to postpone or try and reschedule their examination to another date and/or time will incur a fee to cover these costs and administration expenses, and may need to travel a much greater distance to an available examination venue.. However, it should be noted that in some cases it may not be possible to reschedule the examination, particularly if no spaces are available in other examination centres. In such circumstances the candidate will forfeit their entry fee if they decide not to attend for their original appointment.
Note that classical guitar exams are organised and administered by LCM Exams. View the LCM Exams website for more information.